Baking with toddlers: Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes!
Baking with your toddler is a magical shared experience. It’s a great indoor summer activity that provides your young ones with great fun and rewarding life lessons like perseverance, how to follow instructions and teamwork. Baking is extremely easy, the finished products are delicious and most of all, you’ll have fun and create tons of happy memories together!
Here is a simple Amazing Chocolate Cupcake recipe that your kids will love and enjoy making!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 12 cupcakes
Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes
- 100g All Purpose flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 140g powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Measure all your dry ingredients with the Delish Treats Digital Measuring Cup and Scale. Precise measurement is critical in baking. You don’t want your cupcake tasting of too much flour. This step is fun for your kids and teaches them the importance of following instructions.
2. After measuring each ingredient, pour them into your Delish Treats 5-Piece Mixing Bowls with Lids. Keep them aside.
3. Heat your oven to 180C/160C
4. Pour your measured flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter into your Tefal Stand Mixer. Beat on a slow speed until everything is combined and you get a grainy consistency.
5. Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together in a separate mixing bowl, once thoroughly combined, slowly pour about half of this into the flour mixture. Beat again and turn the mixer up to high speed. Pour in the remaining half of the liquid into the mixture and continue mixing for a few minutes until it is smooth. Do not overmix.
6. Finally, line a cupcake tray with your cupcake paper cups. Spoon your cupcake batter into the cups until roughly two-thirds full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer or fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. When your cupcakes are done, you can leave them to cool on a flat surface and begin on your frosting!
Butter Cream Frosting
- 230 grams unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 360 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
1. Measure your ingredients carefully and pour them into separate containers.
2. Grab your stand mixer and beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed first, then gradually increase the speed to medium and mix until everything starts to come together.
3. Add in your heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Fill your piping bag with the mixture and choose your favorite nozzle from your Delish Treats 24-Piece Decorating tips and pipe your own designs onto the tops of your cupcakes. This will be the most creative and fun step for your toddler so be sure to keep your camera on hand and take loads of photos of their smiles!
5. Lastly, place your decorated cupcakes on your Delish Treats Cake Pop and Cupcake Stand, and enjoy this delicious treat with the whole family!
Tefal Stand Mixer | P 4,995