Filipinos are known to be sweet tooth. From beverages to meals – sugar is always present where there’s always room for dessert can be a Filipino’s mantra. With that being said, there’s a Filipino delicacy made from a young coconut meat strips and muscovado sugar called Bukayo.
Give a coconut a sweet taste and prepare this sweet Filipino dessert that you could eat alone or use as a garnish & fillings for other dessert. Here’s an easy recipe from Delish PH that you could make:
Here’s how to cook Bukayo:
2 cups Young Coconut Meat (strips)
1/2 cup Coconut Water (juice)
1 cup Muscovado
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
- Pour coconut water in Masflex Galaxy 24cm Frying Pan.
- Add in the muscovado and brown sugar. Stir until melted.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Once the mixture starts to thickens, add the young coconut meat.
- Cook until the sugar caramelized and the bukayo mixture thickens.
- You can form the hot bukayo into disc or serve as it is. You can also top it on a cooked sticky rice.
Ready and Serve!
Watch this video to know more!
Masflex Galaxy Cookware Set