Easy Relyenong Bangus
Relyenong bangus is a traditional recipe that most Filipino families love to prepare, and it can be quite a daunting dish to make because of the number of ways you can approach the dish. A lot have their own take on it but this recipe by Delish PH is a great start for those preparing the dish for the first time because it’s easy peasy yet oh so yummy!
Here’s how to cook Relyenong Bangus:
1 pc Bangus (Milkfish)
1 pack Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 medium sized White Onion (chopped)
4 clove Garlic (minced)
1 stalk Green Onions (chopped)
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Calamansi Extract
Prepare the bangus:
(1) Remove the innards. Bread the spine at the tail as well as the head area. Using a long thin spatula, insert it in separating the flesh from the skin. Do it all over the fish. Squeeze and press out the fish meat. (Watch the video below for the actual process)
1. Clean and Remove the scales. Marinate the fish skin with calamansi extract, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Boil some water with salt and boil the fish meat. Drain water, shred and set aside.
3. Heat some canola oil in a pan, sauté onions and garlic. Pour in the cooked fish meat and add in the mixed veggies.
4. Add in the green onions, season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool. Mix beaten egg.
5. Fill the fish skin with the mixture. Add some on the head too.
6. Wrap the fish in an aluminum foil.
7. Deep fry on both sides.
Ready and Serve!
Watch how to do this recipe here!
Masflex Galaxy Cookware Set