Filipino x Korean Fusion: Adobo Recipe with a twist!
It’s pretty obvious that a lot of Filipinos love Korean culture – from drama series, movies, music, artists, and of course food! So, if you’re craving for some Korean and Filipino cuisine at the same time, no need to go out and spend much because you can cook and satisfy your cravings at home!
If you want to try a new recipe, try cooking this Filipino x Korean fusion of Adobo! Follow the steps below and enjoy your Adobo with a twist.
250 g pork belly
150 g tofu, cubed
1⁄3 cup cabbage kimchi
6 garlic cloves, minced
1⁄2 cup white vinegar
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup water
1 tablespoon Korean red pepper paste
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon Korean red pepper powder
1. Sprinkle and spread the Korean red chili powder on both sides of the pork.
3. Cook with a medium fire for about 30 minutes until the pork is cooked and the sauce is thickened. Take note that it shouldn’t be boiling.
4. Put in the kimchi, sesame oil and tofu.
5. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes
6. Add some toasted sesame seeds for some garnishing and you’re good to go!
ilo Vivid Pan Set