Welcome back to Summer Delights! Last time, we got to enjoy thirst-quenching drinks such as the Berry Medley Smoothie and Mixed Citrus Mocktail.
Today, we’re diving in to the world of sweet and refreshing dessert-snacks that will surely help you beat the summer heat!
Read on for our decadently creamy, deliciously flavorful, and satisfyingly filling take on the classic Filipino halo-halo!
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup kamote (sweet potato), cut into small cubes
2 pcs. saba (plantain) banana, sliced
3 langka (jackfruit) pieces
1 tbsp. white beans
1 tbsp. garbanzo beans
1 tbsp. red kaong (palm sugar berry fruit)
1 tbsp. nata de coco
2 tbsp. each red and green gulaman, cubed
2 tbsp. sago (tapioca pearls)
2 tbsp. macapuno (coconut sport)
1 tsp. ube (purple yam)
1 tsp. leche flan
1-2 scoops ube or vanilla ice cream
1 tbsp. cream of corn or corn kernels
toasted coconut flakes
Few pieces of pastillas
1 tbsp toasted pinipig (rice crispies)
1. Freeze the coconut milk until solid.
2. In the 18cm. saucepot of ilo Cherry Pot Set, boil water and sugar together. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, put in salt and vanilla extract, and mix well.
3. Add in the kamote and cook until tender. Once tender, add in the bananas. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
4. In a large, tall glass, layer the kamote, saba, langka, white beans, garbanzo beans, red kaong, nata de coco, gulaman and sago.
5. Using the ilo Multi Hand Blender, blend the frozen coconut milk until you reach a smooth shaved consistency. Transfer to your glass, placing it on top of the layered ingredients.
6. Top with macapuno, ube, leche flan, ice cream, cream of corn or corn kernels, coconut flakes, pastillas pieces and pinipig. Enjoy immediately!
O Tip! Think that this recipe can’t get any more over-the-top? Go all out by adding in some glutinous rice balls, drizzling chocolate syrup, or topping it off with corn flakes!
We hope you enjoyed this cool dessert made ~extra~! Stay tuned to our blog as we discover more Summer Delights!
ilo Cherry Pot Set
ilo Multi Hand Blender