Here’s another Meatless Meals recipe! Last time, we learned how to prepare a delightful green salad – refreshing enough for summer and completely meat-free in observance of the Holy Week.
Today, we’re sharing with you a dish that’s still guilt-free but a little more filling – perfect for a family brunch.
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp butter
6 cloves garlic
200g button mushrooms
2 cups basil
1 cup parsley
2 cups kale
¼ cup unsalted almonds, roasted
½ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Boil water in the 30 cm. casserole of the Family Kitchen 10pc. Casserole Set. Add a bit of salt. Pour in spaghetti and cook according to instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
O Tip! Contrary to common practice, don’t add any oil into the cooking water while boiling as it will prevent the pesto sauce from coating the spaghetti. Instead, to prevent the noodles from sticking, stir constantly while cooking.
2. Roughly chop basil, parsley, and kale with the 18” slicer of the Masflex 6pc. Knife Block Set with Free Cutting Board.
3. Then, using the Super Genic Multi Blender, pulse almonds and pine nuts until chopped. Add in garlic (set aside 1 tbsp. of crushed garlic for sautéing), lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
O Tip! This recipe is completely vegan – but if you want a richer, more flavorful pesto sauce, you may add in some whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
4. Using the 5” Utility Knife, finely dice the onions and slice the mushrooms.
5. In the same 30 cm. casserole over medium low heat, heat about 2 tbsp. of olive oil and melt the butter. Saute onion until translucent, then add crushed garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in the mushrooms and cook until tender. Pour in pesto sauce and mix until it’s heated through. Toss in cooked spaghetti and stir until fully coated, adding reserved pasta water 1 tbsp at a time to achieve desired consistency. Add more basil leaves and toss until the leaves are slightly wilted but still green.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate or bowl. Garnish with few basil leaves, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes on top. Serve hot and enjoy!
Family Kitchen 10pc. Casserole Set
Super Genic Multi Blender Set