Quick Noche Buena Ideas
Christmas is just over a couple of weeks away! Do you already have meals for noche buena in mind? If you still don’t have one, here are some quick ideas that are easy to make yet are certified hit for the entire family.
Cheesy Pork Caldereta
2 lbs. pork chunks
3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely sliced
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup liver spread
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
½ cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
2 pcs. red bell pepper, seeded and cut into squares
2 pcs. green bell pepper, seeded and cut into squares
3 bay leaves
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp. crushed chili
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tsp. paprika
½ cup crushed crackers
Spring onions, finely chopped
1. Tenderize the pork in 1 ½ liters of water for one and a half hours in the 26cm. pot of the ilo Cherry Pot Set. Once tender, drain the pork but keep the broth and set aside.
2. In the meantime, sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato in the 26cm. wok.
3. Add tomato sauce, liver spread, pork broth, pork chunks, carrots, and potatoes. Simmer for five minutes.
4. Add the green peas, bell peppers, and bay leaves. Simmer for another two minutes.
5. Add the cheese and crushed chili and stir gently until the cheese has melted.
6. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well.
7. Top with crushed crackers and spring onions.
Bibingka with Salted Egg and Cheese
2 cups rice flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
4 whole eggs
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 cup coconut milk
¾ cup evaporated milk
1-2 salted egg/s, sliced
¾ cup grated quezo de bola
1. Preheat your oven at 210c. Soften the banana leaves by running them through the stove. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the rice flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, coconut milk, and evaporated milk until well combined.
4. Slowly add the rice flour mixture and mix well until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of grated quezo de bola and mix again.
5. Line the oval tray of the Borcam Ovenware Set with banana leaves.
6. Pour in the batter. Top with sliced salted eggs and the rest of the grated cheese.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
ilo Cherry Pot Set
Borcam Ovenware Set