Sizzling Bangus Sisig Recipe
When you hear “Sisig”, sure, it will make your mouth water because who doesn’t love this Filipino dish that is very tasty and can be eaten alone or paired with rice. But now, we got some healthier twist on Sisig using Bangus as the star ingredient! 🐟⭐
This dish has lower fat and cholesterol compared to pork and still have the tasty ingredients that are cooked in to perfection without hassle. Read on for an easy recipe by Delish PH.
Here are the list of ingredients and easy steps on how to cook Bangus Sisig:
- 2 pcs small sized Bangus (milkfish) (boneless)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 medium sized Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 stalk Green Onions
- 1/4thumb sized Ginger (strips)
- 2 Fresh Chilies (green and red, chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Calamansi Extract/Juice
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 1 egg
- Canola Oil
1. Season bangus with garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat a small amount of canola oil to a Masflex Galaxy 24cm Frying Pan. Fry the bangus on both sides until brown. Set aside and shred the meat.
3. On a separate pan, heat some oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger. Add in the shredded the bangus.
4. Pour in the remaining soy sauce and calamansi extract. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the mayonnaise. Then add in the fresh chilies and green onions.
6. Meanwhile, heat the sizzling hot plate. Put some butter and pour in the sisig. And immediately add in the raw egg. The heat is enough to cook the egg. Top with calamansi and chilies before serving.
Ready and Serve!
Watch how to do this recipe here!