Sweet and Sour Tofu
Going on a diet is hard and tiring especially if the people you’re with are eating tempting meals. Now, you don’t have to keep yourself in misery – here’s a guilt-free recipe that won’t make you feel like you’re on a diet! Sweet and Sour Tofu is a recipe that is very easy to do and is perfect for those people who are watching their diet!
Here’s how to cook Sweet and Sour Tofu by Delish PH:
500g Vegetable Tofu (cut into serving size, small rectangles)
1 large sized Onions (cubed)
2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 small sized Carrot (diced)
2 pcs. Bell Peppers (diced)
1 small can Crushed Pineapple (reserve syrup)
1 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Ketchup
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Slurry (all-purpose flour diluted in water)
- Roll each piece of vegetable tofu in plain all-purpose flour.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, fry the tofu until brown on all sides. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add in the vinegar, pineapple syrup (from crushed pineapple in can). Then add the ketchup. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and onions. Then add the carrots and bell peppers. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed pineapples and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the chopped green onions.
- Lastly, add the slurry and cook for another 3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Place the tofu in the plate and pour some sweet and sour sauce on top. Garnish with green onions.
Ready and Enjoy!
Watch how to make this simple recipe here:
Masflex Galaxy Cookware Set