Tuna Afritada Recipe
Tuna has a lot of incredible health benefits and it’s a good thing that you can find it anywhere – in the groceries, convenient stores, and even sari-sari stores and it is easy to cook! Ironically, canned goods aren’t really that good for the health since it is considered a processed food. However, if you really love eating Tuna you can level it up and make a Tuna Afritada that you can easily cook at home!
Read on for an easy recipe by Delish PH.
Here’s how to cook Tuna Afritada:
- 4 cans Tuna Chunks in Water (drain, reserve water)
- 1 large sized Potato (small cubes)
- 1 large sized Carrots (small cubes)
- 2 Bell Peppers (red and green)
- 1 can Green Peas
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Calamansi Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Thumb sized Ginger (chopped)
- Fish Broth/Water (from canned tuna)
- Fresh Chilies
- Canola Oil
- In the Masflex Galaxy 24cm Casserole, sauté onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add in the carrots and potatoes. Then tuna chunks.
- Pour in the water from canned tuna chunks, then the calamansi extract. Add in the green peas. Cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper. Add the fresh chilies. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Watch how to do this recipe here!